Tuesday, February 26, 2013

February 2013 -- Personal Blog Post 5



Weekend Of Movies

Tuesday, two days after the 2013 Academy Awards also known as the Oscars. I did in fact watch Sunday night's Oscars which ran four freaking hours. It started around 7:30 p.m., which I thought was pretty silly.

Some of my favorite highlights was watching Channing Tatum ballroom dance with Charlise Throne, the dedication to musicals, and Jennifer Hudson singing a song from Dream Girls. I think Seth McFarland who hosted is cute and has a great presentors voice. But I don't think he was the right guy to host something so classy as the Oscars. He should stick to his extremely raunchy animated comedies ( my favorite is American Dad). But still, it was a great achievement of his to accomplish!

So those are just some of my thoughts of the 2013 Oscars. It was bitter sweet watching it though because most of the movies being nominated if not all of them, I didn't see because of the lack of money or because of my HSP/arga-phobia/social anxity. But like I mentioned in my previous blog, I am working on that. I especially would like to see Silver Linings Play book one day in which Jennifer Lawernce won an Oscar for. Cutie Pie Bradley Cooper who was so good (and hot) in The Words. I wonder why that movie didn't get a nod?

Speaking of the movies...I did go to the movies with my mom the previous day of the Oscars to see "Snitch" & "Its A Good Day...To Die Hard". Both which were my ma's picks. It was a wonderful opportunity for me to practice being out and about and to spend quality time with my mom and not let her jabs get to me. Jabs like: you need a new bra, I am just trying to help you. All in public!! As if I dont have other factors to worry about then soggy breasts. i have two bras...one is for working out and one for everyday tom-foolery aka the soggy bra. but her words just slid off of me like teflon...cause I was boozed up like a skunk in heat...(huh? ..lol) . So that is my new secret weapon cheap booze, when I am out with ma. It makes what she says and does all good.

So the first Movie Snitch was one of those drug bust movies. I can't stand those type of movies! So immediatly I was turned off to it. I took one of my many breaks and when I came back, I watched the rest of the movie and it actually started to get good. The movies stars former wrestler The Rock and he plays a father of a teenage son who gets busted for dealing drugs through the mail. Even though it was his first offense, he went to jail and could get up to ten years in prison for his drug crime. I was thought, yeah he should go to jail! but ten years is a long time for a first time offender. so in order for the dad to help his son get a lesser sentence, he had to become a snitch him self and help the DEA take down some pretty dangerous drug dealers. It sounds so far fetched but apparently it is based on a true story. The mood of the film was pretty serious compared to the Die Hard movie.

I did kinda want to want to watch the Die Hard movie. There was some major eye candy going on with the guy who played Bruce Willis's son / Jai Courney Pic down below :) He is from Australia which means he has a sexy accent :) /

Now I am just hanging out listening to some Nina Simone. I like to belt her songs, it gets deep down in my soul :). I hope to have a good rest of the week as February comes to an end.

Peace and love,
Andrea

Cutie Pie Alert! :)

         
                     Jai Courney

                                  
                  Bradley Cooper








No comments:

Post a Comment